Those of you that loved my glitters set should love this new "Sparklies" set! They're made to be used a bit larger than the glitter, but can certainly be sized down, as well. Check out my tip below if you're looking to make these brushes look like they did in my preview image! (Although really, they look gorgeous on their own, too!)
Halloween is just around the corner! I've seen quite a few Halloween deviations already, but if you still haven't done yours, be sure to check out my Cobwebs Brushes
and Ghosts Brushes
for help in your creations!
Oh yeah. One of my brush sets got a DD this past week. One that I never would have imagined to get it, as it was not nearly as popular as most of my others. Artistic Brushes
- A HUGE thank you to ~Muarw
- Start on a new layer. Using white as your brush color, choose one (or several) of the sparklies brushes and apply it where you want.
- Add an "Outer Glow" to that layer by clicking on the "Layer Styles" button on the bottom left of the layers window.
- Choose a bright, vivid color.
- Change the opacity to about 55-60%.
- Change the "size" so that it's larger. In mine, with the brush size at about 400 pixels, I changed the "size" of my outer glow to 49 pixels. But really, feel free to just move it back and forth until it looks good to you. But definitely bigger than the standard 5px that it starts at, if you want the same kind of effects that I created in my preview image.
Hope this helps!
These brushes can
be used for prints. You don't need to note me and ask.
They are available for commercial or non-commercial usage.
make my brushes into GIMP brushes and redistribute them. But if you do so, it is required
that you provide a link back to my website (www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com
), so that they may know where the original brush set came from.
If you use one of my brushes/stock, please credit me somewhere. You may do so as www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com
, redheadstock, or Stephanie Shimerdla. Also, if possible, provide a link back here or to my website (www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com
). I do
understand that in some commercial applications, it is not always easy to do this. Just do whatever you can.
Please do not re-package any of the brushes contained in any of the sets and attempt to pass them off as your own!
That's it! Enjoy!
Here are a few of my favorite deviations from the last week or so, where my brushes, patterns, etc. were used! If you don't send me a link to your stuff, you obviously can't be featured. So, make sure you send me links! (The main page is NOT the best place for that, btw... the easiest spot is in the comments of the brush set(s) you used or a note!)
Some of these will be stuff that a lot of people may have already seen, but I'm going to try to feature at least a few each time that are definitely underappreciated, in hopes of getting them a few more views! Here they are, in no particular order: